Every year around this time, the AMA Foundation ascends into a period known as year-end giving, which is when nonprofits around the world ask donors for their first or final gifts of the year. You will likely receive multiple mailers or emails asking for a donation. We know it can be overwhelming to choose which cause to support.
If you are reading this post, we hope we have made the top of your list.
Today, we kick off the Foundation's year-end campaign, and we are asking for your help to meet our 2023 goal of $430,000. Many nonprofits receive 40-60% of their annual fundraising goals in the last few months of the year. Currently we have raised 23.5% of our goal, which we are so excited about, but we also know that we still have our work cut out for us to reach 100%.
Whether you are able to give $10, $100, or $1,000, every dollar moves the needle. And it only happens with your support. What is "it"?
- "It" is the free or low-cost STEM education kits that we send to educators and parents.
- "It" is the gallery expansion and improved virtual tour at the National Model Aviation Museum, allowing greater access to members and students.
- "It" is the scholarships that enable AMA Youth members to seek higher education and emerge as the next generation of pilots, engineers, scientists, and innovators.
- "It" is the Disaster Relief Grants that help clubs rebuild after devastating natural disasters such as Hurricane Idalia.
- "It" is the new wave of youth that can engage in an experience model aviation for the first time because of the Take Off and Grow Grant program.
And you are it. Your donation pushes AMA's mission forward.
If you are able, we encourage you to donate to one of our funds. And we ask you to spread the word to your fellow club members and modelers.
Thank you for being an AMA member and supporting our efforts!